Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ethereal Mood Today

Well, it's one of those days where my head is stuck in the clouds. I've been listening to the Wicked soundtrack on repeat for the past 24 hours, and every time I listen to/belt out Defying Gravity, I'm Not That Girl, and For Good in the comfort of my bedroom with the sun shining through the windows, I feel like I'm having an out of body experience. There really is someone looking out for me and even when I'm feeling entirely un-extraordinary, there is someone who thinks just the opposite, which is pretty awesome. Walking to class today I was again overcome by the feeling of community as people are outside washing their cars, walking their dogs, meeting friends for lunch, enjoying the outside. Hyde Park is such an interesting place. One minute it feels cold and somewhat dangerous, and the next I am encouraged by the people I'm sharing this space with. I like the idea of having met someone, or even just meeting their eyes in a smile, could change us both "for the better," but how often do I really put this into practice? And finally, friends. I am so grateful for all the ones I have. I am especially thankful for old friends, and close friends--the ones who know you better than yourself, and who seem to genuinely want to help you discover more of yourself. That's a pretty cool role to play in someone's life, aiding in their self discovery. I am loving this great, happy weather--the sun has an obvious way of illuminating things.

No comments: